My Butchers Block - Large Plankie Braai Board
The idea of sharing plates and tappas set in the middle of the table and everyone digs in, and helps themselves over an extended lunch or dinner is the inspiration behind our new Plankie Braai Board. We understand that braaing is not a rushed affair, and the Plankie Braai Board provides the perfect sharing board solution for those occasions when food is being enjoyed straight off the braai. No more waiting for everything to be done before dishing up. The Plankie Braai is a large wooden serving board made for slicing up large steak, boerewors alongside braaibroodjies and other sides. Think of it as a braai platter, with dipping bowls and ideally placed grooves to catch all those meat drippings.
Remember, unlike other wooden boards on the market, your My Butchers Block Plankie Braai is made to last and will not warp its shape over time from years of use. Because the Plankie Braai is made from 100% wood, it will require some TLC from time to time. A quick application of our wood care oil will keep the wood in tip top shape and eliminate any nasty bacteria.
How to turn your next braai into a Plankie Braai:
- Start a fire. When the coals are ready, braai the first batch of food ( e.g. steak, boerie and mielies)
- When ready, slice up the steak and boerie and set out on the Plankie Braai for guests to help themselves. Don’t forget the chutney and chakalaka
- Add more wood to fire. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the next batch of braaivleis
- Fall in love with these features
- Juice grooves - will catch all the meat drippings from resting and slicing which means no messy clean up
- Dipping bowls - each board comes with two stainless steel dipping bowls for your sauces, dry herbs and other accompaniments to take your platter to the next level
- Generous space for serving different dishes likes meats and veg. And, plenty of room for slicing and carving
- Like always, the new Plankie Braai Board is manufactured with the same superior quality locally sourced Knysna Blackwood as all My Butchers Block products. Knysna Blackwood is well known for its unique patterns and fine texture
- Suitable to use with: My Butchers Block wood care products
- Material: Wood and Steel
- Colour: Brown
- Item Dimensions - Large: 600 x 400 x 22cm
- Item Dimensions - Small: 300 x 600 x 22cm
- Colours: Small: Brown, Large: Dark Brown
- Weight: 3.2kg
What's in the box
x 1 Plankie Braai Board
x 3 Sauce Bowls
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused, in the same condition that you received it, and in the original packaging within 14 days. Goods are to be shipped back to our store in Worcester at your own cost. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Gift cards are unfortunately not returnable.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 14 days.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, please contact us.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Store Address: C/O Quénet’s Hunting and Fishing Shop 4-5, Q-Square, 72 High Street, Worcester, Western Cape, South Africa, 6850